Thursday, September 8, 2011

Take it to the Bank

First off, I am trying out a new iPad app for blogging, and this is my first post using it. So if things look strange, I apologize and it will be worked out. That said, onward we go.

Finally, the new NFL season is here. The season opener is tonight, and that obviously means that I must join the legions of TV personalities, writers, tweeters, and other "experts" by providing my preseason picks and predictions.

Since I will not likely finish writing this before the game starts this evening, I want to state that I will be putting the Green Bay Packers back in the Super Bowl regardless of how good or how bad they look against the Saints tonight. Also, this is written after hearing about Peyton Manning's surgery today. I am assuming Manning plays less than 6 games.

Also, if you are a keen observer, or you just love looking for non-vital things to attack or argue about, you can add up all the records and note that there is a disproportionate number of wins to losses. I am not going through the entire NFL schedule game by game to predict these teams. I am merely approximating the record that I think each team is capable of achieving.

Drum roll please...

AFC East: y-Patriots 13-3
x-Jets 12-4
-Bills 6-10
-Dolphins 4-12

AFC North: y-Steelers 12-4
x-Ravens 12-4
-Browns 9-7
-Bengals 4-12

AFC South: y-Texans 12-4
-Colts 6-10
-Jaguars 4-12
-Titans 3-13

AFC West: y-Chargers 13-3
-Chiefs 8-8
-Broncos 4-12
-Raiders 4-12

NFC East: y-Eagles 12-4
x-Cowboys 11-5
-Giants 8-8
-Redskins 5-11

NFC North: y-Packers 13-3
-Bears 9-7
-Lions 8-8
-Vikings 7-9

NFC South: y-Saints 13-3
x-Falcons 12-4
-Buccaneers 8-8
-Panthers 5-11

NFC West: y-Cardinals 10-6
-Rams 8-8
-49ers 4-12
-Seahawks 3-13

Wild Card Playoffs: Jets over Texans, Steelers over Ravens, Falcons over Cardinals, Eagles over Cowboys

Divisional Playoffs: Patriots over Jets, Chargers over Steelers, Packers over Falcons, Eagles over Saints

Conference Championships: Chargers over Patriots, Packers over Eagles

Super Bowl: Packers over Chargers

Awards: Super Bowl MVP-Aaron Rodgers, GB
NFL MVP-Phillip Rivers, SD
Coach of the Year-Jim Schwartz, DET
Comeback Player-Matthew Stafford, DET
Defensive Rookie of the Year-Von Miller-DEN (Gig 'Em!) (Homer.)
Offensive Rookie-CAM, CAR...

...just kidding. Julio Jones, ATL.

GO PANTHERS!

You know my mind. Thoughts?

Scripture (for my fellow Panther fans): What strength do I have, that I should still hope? What prospects, that I should be patient? - Job 6:11

Quote: "In my business there is no second place. You're either first or you're last." - Vince Lombardi



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment